Tuesday, August 25, 2009

005 - Dark City

Director: Alex Proyas
Year: 1998

Rent or Netflix this film. Dark City is one of my top favorite films, and yet I do not know a single person who knew of it before I told them about it.

The film follows John Murdoch, a man struggling to remember his past while living in a world with no sun. The world is run by telekinetic beings that control time and the physical world around them. Night after night the beings study humans to understand the human soul and reveal what it is that makes us human.

Throughout the film viewers slowly get more and more of the story and even after watching it numerous times I still find myself noticing little things here and there. I love the dark science fiction and mystery meets early 1900s theme and I have to mention it has probably my favorite actress, Jennifer Connelly.

Dark City is one of the most unique and original films ever and is a great viewing no matter how much you love or hate science fiction films.

Alex Proya's DARK CITY (1998)

No comments:

Post a Comment