Wednesday, September 30, 2009

007 - At the Death House Door

Director: Peter Gilbert
Year: 2008

I have been on a documentary craze lately... I randomly found this on Netflix instant queue, but I am so glad I did. I don't really care what your stance is on the death penalty, watch this film. Many times throughout the film I found myself shaking my head in disgust at things that have happened in Huntsville, TX.

The film follows reverend Pickett who was the chaplain to those on death row at Hunstville prison. The film dives into Pickett's life as he struggled with his job of overseeing almost 100 inmates be put to death. Most of the inmates he was with were guilty, or at least they were found guilty. It is when the film begins to focus on the Carlos DeLuna, the man who today is believed to have been not guilty. And if that wasn't rough enough, the film finishes with how his job has affected his life and his family.

Very touching, moving, and simply sad ..... but definitely worth a look.

Peter Gilbert's AT THE DEATH HOUSE DOOR (2008)

No comments:

Post a Comment